JB Cocoa is looking for an Operations Manager to accompany its fast growth in Malaysia with manufacturing as a core business. The company is looking for a leader who is responsible for objectives and strategies including short- and long-term plans in the implementation and coordination of the company policies on purchasing activities and building the company image to be the premium world class manufacturer to assure the safety and effectiveness of the company’s procedures, adhering to international standards at all times and to ensure that the company’s standards are never compromised.
- Supervision and oversight of the daily operations.
- Plan and implement the overall operations strategy from planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling all the resources for production, from a group perspective then at the level of each manufacturing
- Drive continuous improvement in Operations: o Implement efficient of strategy and practices on the ground to optimize Plant Performance/ Target/ KPIs.
o Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
o Oversee Plant Preventive Maintenance to enable the plant to maintain its production levels
o Develop a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment program (e.g.: value analysis, consolidation of orders/suppliers, lead time reduction)
- Collaborate across the departments internally and group subsidiaries to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Recommend/implement changes to the existing organization’s purchasing, supply management, and material usage policies as needed
- Monitor and control the processing cost budget.
- Co-ordinate with Group Project Team, for any additional CAPEX need cater for future expansion in different location
- To ensure that Company’s Quality System and Procedures are adhered to Internal and External’s requirements at all times.
- Management scope covers: Overall Production, Plant Maintenance, Process Improvement, Product Quality and Plant Project across the Group.
- Willing to travel.
- Direct reporting to CEO
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the field of Food Manufacturing Industry, ideally with 10 years in Production Supervision/ Management or equivalent.
- Experience in handling / managing projects or teams in entities in others country.
- Hands on experience with SAP/ MRP/ ERP systems
- Experience in Cocoa or Chocolate Manufacturing Process is an added advantage.
- With Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), HACCP, FSSC 22000 Certification, HALAL and Social Compliance Knowledge
- Demonstrated Leadership ability to manage a large team and to interact across geographies and across functional organizational levels
- Ability to influence and negotiate at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to manage the disagreement and conflict within a team or cross functional teams.
- Ability to identify and recruit talent and to organize and motivate a team
- Ability to provide effectively coaching/ supervisory to the teams.
- Ability to problem solve using data/ analytical skills
- Applicants must be willing to work in PTP, Gelang Patah.
* Salary Depend on qualification, ability and experience.
* Shortlisted candidate is advised to download, fill up and send us the application form through application form on career page for speedier processing purpose.
Interest candidates are encouraged to write-in or email their resume to the address below
The Human Resources Department
JB Cocoa Sdn Bhd
Lot CP1, Jalan Tanjung A/6,
Pelabuhan Tanjung Pelepas,
81650 Gelang Patah, Johor.