Responsible for the development and management of sustainability partnerships in West Africa and Latin America. Drive the interaction and engagement with multinational clients and define global sustainability strategy for the group. Represent JB Cocoa at international platforms such as World Cocoa Foundation.
- Liaise between our project implementation partners in the origins and our key multinational clients.
- Implement client specific requirements by working with our partners in origin to ensure compliance in areas such as deforestation, child-labour, agroforestry, good agricultural practices, geo-mapping, etc.
- Engage with potential donors and NGOs.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge across broad range of sustainability themes and certification.
- Contribute to the sustainability debate through participation in forums, conferences and stakeholder meetings.
- Be the expert on Cocoa Forest Initiative (CFI), develop and implement CFI Action Plan for the group.
- Develop global sustainability strategy for JB Cocoa Group.
- Ensure sustainability strategy contributes positively to the group’s business by securing the cocoa supply chain at origin and offering sustainable solutions to our clients.
- Assess and audit existing partners in the cocoa origins which implement our sustainability targets. Identify new potential partners in Africa and Latin America.
- Develop in-depth understanding of up-country supply chain from farmer level to export level at the different origins.
- Develop business plan for new partnerships and sustainability projects in line with growth of the business in Ivory Coast and globally.
- Identify new clients for our existing and upcoming sustainability programs.
- Increase sales of certified and sustainable products.
- Interaction with the sustainability managers of our clients and partner in Ivory Coast.
- Meetings and visits to clients based in Europe and North America.
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in in English and French (oral and written)
- Sound understanding of cocoa sector and sustainability debate
- Comfortable spending some time in the field
- Ability to deliver results
- Financial and commercial understanding of the cocoa business
- Ability to present in front of clients
- Good people skills and cultural understanding
- High motivation and drive
- Ability to work independently
- Based in Abidjan for initial 2 years. After that relocation to European office possible.
Interest candidates are encouraged to write-in or email their resume to the address below
The Human Resources Department
JB Cocoa Sdn Bhd
Lot CP1, Jalan Tanjung A/6,
Pelabuhan Tanjung Pelepas,
81650 Gelang Patah, Johor.